Further Information: Most of us are not I.T. experts so we will try to avoid overly technical detail which might tempt many to stop reading! We have provided links for further information, (though do first read our section on using links!) If you have any questions about your privacy using our site you may contact us for further clarification at any time. A contact link is always available from the top menu on our site, and a link to this privacy page is available at the foot of all pages.
Our shopping system: We use WooCommerce, a well supported and regularly updated WordPress E-commerce platform with over a million installs worldwide. When you purchase something from us, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. In providing us with this personal information to complete a transaction, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, you imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. All orders are made and stored in a secured SQL database provided by our ISP. Our shopping system only receives your order details, name, address, email and (optionally) telephone number, along with IP address. Customer data is used solely to enable us to ship items and communicate about orders, and for our own records. These records are normally held by us for an indefinite period of time at our discretion.
Customer Accounts and Emails: A customer may optionally create a customer user account at the checkout page. This will be a password protected login to a personal account on our database where a history of orders etc, may be viewed. The account can be deleted at any time by the customer. When a customer purchases on our site, the shopping system sends a new order notification to us with details of the order, and a similar confirmation to the customer by Email. We receive an Email confirmation that payment has been received from PayPal. When we ship the order the customer receives an Email notification of this with a tracking link. The customer may also receive other order information Emails from us if required.
Cookies: ‘Cookies’ from our site and its plugins may be stored on your computer browser. Cookies are very small text files made whilst using a website. They can contain all sorts of information, their usual intention is to make browsing more efficient. If you look at the cookies in your browser settings pages you will notice cookies from many of the sites you visit. This is quite usual. In your browser settings you can easily delete them and/or set your own policy on cookies. You can see our cookies in use by clicking on our secure site padlock icon in your browser, there is also a list in the technical section below. Should you wish to read more about cookies click here for a Wikipedia page.
Data we collect of site visitors: Anonymous visitor data is collected and stored in our web space by a statistics plugin. We use this to see how many visitors we have and which pages are most viewed to help us with product selection and site improvement. These records are held for a period of 90 days and then automatically deleted. We also use Google Analytics (see Third Party section). The data collected is typically:
- IP address with country, device type and browser type
- Site pages visitedData we collect of customers: Received by our WooCommerce shopping system on our web space, and needed for order fulfillment and our records, this will typically be:
- Email address
- Telephone number (if optionally provided at checkout)
- Product ordering details including any customer added order notes, and emails sent or received with regard to orders.
- IP addressData we collect of subscribers: We use a subscriber submit form on some pages. There is a checkbox and link to this privacy page for a new subscriber to first read. By submitting it is implied that consent is given to our collecting email and (optionally) name, and using it for the specific purpose of sending our newsletters. We do not spam. Subscribers may at any time contact us to unsubscribe, and our newsletters will always contain an unsubscribe link at the footer. We delete unsubscribed users from our subscription list. Data collected will typically be:
- Email address
- Name (if optionally provided)
- IP address
Third Party Data:
Your Rights: Under European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from 25th May 2018, you may at any time:
- Request a copy of your data which we will provide within 30 days.
- Request that your data be anonymized which we will do within 30 days.
- While we will do everything we reasonably can to keep our service secure, in the event of a data breach or misuse, we will inform our customers and subscribers of what happened and what we have done to put it right within 30 days.
- If you wish to read more about your rights and the GDPR legislation, click here for a Wikipedia page with detailed information and other links.
Technical Stuff: In the same way that many of us do not really know all that goes on under the bonnet of a modern car, so it is with cookies and other aspects of browsing the web. One of the aims of GDPR legislation is to encourage people to become better educated. We have provided a Wiki link in the section on cookies above for further reading. Here is a list of cookies, some or all of which may be set when using our site. They may easily be deleted if so desired in your browser settings.
- facebook.com (act, c_user, datr, fr, pl, presence, sb, wd, xs)
- sharethis.com (stid)